The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role the development of Bridge's online community. Under the supervision of the Director, the intern will maintain the Bridge’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our community. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the Bridge website. He/she will also assist in maintaining the Bridge’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
• Update the following social media outlets: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Blog.
• Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user's interaction with Bridge.
• Post relevant news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content and research.
• Post and interact with local or relevant organizations and interests groups.
• Perform research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our community and post it to our social media networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Update social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video or other content from Bridge's activities and events.
• Grows Bridge's online social media networks by increasing community, student and instructor interest.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo- editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Yelp, LinkedIn, and Google+.
• A background in the performing arts is preferred but not required.
• Available to work 5-6 hours per week.
Please fill out the form below and send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.